Re: What has happened to desktop icons in rawhide?

On 01/25/2011 07:04 PM, drago01 wrote
> No users upgrading should not get a degraded user experience (that is
> what the fallback supposed to be),
> to save a few MB of disk space for some users that care about every
> single MB on their hard drive.

That is a gross mischaracterization of people are expecting in this
discussion.  For one, the fallback mode provides pretty much the same
experience as before the upgrade and doesn't degrade it.  I don't care
about every single MB on my hard drive however randomly adding
artificial dependencies to packages cannot be the solution for providing
the upgrade experience you want to provide.  If you want to tackle that
problem, it is a much bigger one (defaults change, new packages get
added,  some cleanup might be needed etc)  and needs to be handled
differently.

Rahul