Re: Users are supposed to test latest F14 mdadm update?

> On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 21:44:22 +0100, Dennis wrote:

>>> The instructions are aimed at people testing updates-testing, not
>>> general users.
>>
>> That's what I thought but then they should have been removed before making
>> the package available to general users. I've not updated mdadm so far
>> because a non-booting system and potentially hosed raid is not what I need
>> right now.
>
> Don't you trust the results of the testing [process] in general?
> Or do you think the mentioned tests are insufficient?
> And why would less verbose update notes be preferable?

I'm not sure what you are referring to. This is a regular update aimed at
normal users and it instructs them to "remake their initramfs images they
boot from". Why are regular users expected to do this?
I thought regular updates to releases are supposed to be stable and if they
are not then why bother with having a distinct update-testing repo?

Regards,
   Dennis