Re: call for tests

> yeah, I agree this would be useful: we have a fairly ambitious final
> release criterion that basically states that any failure to install to a
> valid partition table (where the /boot and / are big enough, obviously)
> with supported partition types is a release blocker. So we should have
> some as-complex/weird-as-possible automated tests for this; a ton of
> partitions, complex layered RAID/LVM setups and so on.

All of these are possible.  The most complex things I have now are:

(1) Do autopartitioning on sda.  Do autopartitioning on sdb.  Now they
have the same PV/LV names.  Do autopartitioning on sda+sdb and see if it
works.

(2) Create some filesystems on part of sda.  Do autopartitioning in the
remaining space.  Is the initial stuff still there?

(3) LVM on top of RAID0.

If you can think it up, we can add it.  However at some point, we're
likely to hit too many tests and this ends up taking forever to run.
I'm sure we can think of solutions to that, and it's a problem I would
love to have.  A computer just sitting there chewing through storage
tests all day would be pretty fun.

- Chris