F14 Flag Day Breaks Pan Newsreader

Since installing F14 the Pan newsreader has been unable to
read multipart binary postings.  Errors like this appear.

  Warning: PCRC32 mismatch   Decoded file probably corrupt.

This is with the version of Pan installed with system>admin>add/remove.

I compiled Pan from the source files and the same problem occurs.
I also ran the Fedora 13 pan and got the same results.

I suspect the Fedora library containing the PCRC32 routine has had
a flag day or some other breakage.

Pan is an important program given its status as the only
good Usenet newsreader available for Fedora.

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf@xxxxxxxx   www.omen.com