Re: Testing f14 anaconda

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 12:17 PM, mike cloaked <mike.cloaked@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There is currently version anaconda-14.20-1.fc14 in updates-testing
but I seem to be the only one who has tested it ( At least according
to bodhi comments) . ÂIt would be nice if this could be pushed into
the main f14 repo so that it is included in the F14 builds ahead of
release.
<snip>
Then I used the script from http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Bcl
i.e. the file "upd_bootiso" referenced from that web page, and
executed it with the new anaconda rpm downloaded from a mirror for f14
updates-testing so that a new boot.iso was written containing the new
anaconda. This gave a file new-boot.iso in /tmp/ which I renamed back
to boot.iso to be used as the test install file.
<snip>
If anyone else can run a test then presumably with karma +2 the new
anaconda package would get used in the next compose for rc ahead of
GA?

Would be nice if someone else could test for an install.

Just did an install from an updated TC1.1 image on my x86_64 box, flawless!
Add karma in bohdi.

Thanks for the notes on updating the iso image.

--
G.Wolfe Woodbury
aka redwolfe(proventesters)