Re: Comparing other distros kernels to Fedora.

On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 12:32 +1100, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Richard Ryniker
> <ryniker@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         >are there other fedora testers using a Dell Studio XPS 1547?
>

>         I have a Dell Studio XPS 1645 that runs F13: it suspends and
>         resumes just
>         fine.  Not your machine exactly, therefore this information
>         may be more
>         tantalizing than useful.
>
> Yeah, I think those 2 each units might be important.
>
> Yours is likely to have a CoreDuo processor, where as mine has an
> Intel Core i5 CPU.  Also, the graphics chipset was changed and a host
> of other little things too.
>
> Am I right?

For practical purposes, if it's not the same system, we may as well
assume it's completely different unless we have extremely specific proof
otherwise (viz lspci, lsusb, dmidecode output, and the skills to read
it, and probably more than that given the intricacies of BIOS and video
BIOS and panel configuration and a zillion other things).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey