Re: Proposed directions for proven testers

On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 19:00 -0500, Aaron Faanes wrote:

> I believe the proven-testers draft is ready for review. It's grown a
> bit more ambitious, but I tried to stay true to the spirit of the
> original draft - I did my best to only revise and clarify the content
> without affecting its meaning. Still, it requires a look-over by some
> knowledgeable folks to weed out inaccuracies, invalid assumptions,
> etc. Here's the link:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dafrito/Draft_proventesters_instructions

This looks excellent.

> The discussion page asks about some other issues that I ran into, specifically:
> * The relationship between critpath actions and release criteria

They happen to be similar, but they're separate processes.

> * A more exhaustive list of critpath actions
> * The future of http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/JoinProvenTesters and
> if any content should be exchanged or merged between the two articles.

I think we should keep the separate page, and add a simple link to this
page, right after "Individuals must must be mentored and approved before
becoming proven testers. A proven tester is a member of the
proventesters  group.", which reads "If you are interested in becoming a
proven tester, please see this page.", where 'this page' is a link to
JoinProvenTesters.

> * Whether the article should be pushed to wiki/Proven_tester with a
> {{Draft}} template. I'd like to do this to encourage contribution, but
> that may be premature.

Personally I'd be fine with doing that at this point.

> I definitely welcome any edits, corrections, and/or feedback on these
> questions and the submitted draft!

Thanks very much for your work!
--
Adam Williamson