Re: ldap authentication problems

On 05/10/2010 12:27 PM, David L wrote:

> When I upgrade between fedora releases, I usually
> install with only local users, then run system-config-authentication
> and select "Enable LDAP support" on the "User Information" tab
> and on the "Authentication" tab and then click "OK".  Then I just
> copy the old /etc/ldap.conf from the previous release over the
> one in /etc on the new release.

If you want to continue to do that, you'll need to replace
/etc/nsswitch.conf with a version configured to use "ldap" instead of
"sssd".  I believe that if you replace both ldap.conf and nsswitch.conf,
the system will function as it used to.

sssd does have some compelling features, so you might want to invest a
few minutes into migrating the settings from your old ldap.conf to
/etc/sssd/sssd.conf.  Your LDAP directory looks a lot like Active
Directory, so you'll probably use a lot of the settings which are
present in the default sssd.conf, but commented out.