Re: F13 beta i686: Plymouth (?) spamming syslog with gdm messages

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 9:37 PM, Tom Horsley <horsley1953@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 16:29:57 -0400
> Al Dunsmuir wrote:
>
>> One  thing  I  noted  while debugging a bind issue is that there are a
>> *lot* of syslog messages related to GDM.
>
> Yea, in fact my messages file is 1/2 gdm spew and 1/2 everything
> else (actually measured by filtering out all the gdm debug
> messages and comparing the sizes).
>
> I doubt it is plymouth, it is probably gdm itself. Once you are
> logged in gdm has nothing to do till you log out again.

I've asked this question before in a plymouth/gdm bug thread. Adam
Williamson replied that the debug messages were turned on in order to
debug that particular problem. Since the problem is long solved, it
may be the case that the developer forgot to turn them off again..

Cheers,
  Renato