Re: Installing Rawhide

On 12/02/2009 06:40 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 18:28 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
Cant we use a "known to work" anaconda version to distribute with the
nightly-created live images or are we going to have to schedule test
day's around anaconda working that day or not?
When using live images to test parts of the OS, it doesn't matter if the
installer is functional or not, as you aren't installing.  You're
booting the live image and running the application(s) in question.

Well we possible get a bit anaconda gui testing for the few that actually install from those images..

When the anaconda team wants install testing done, they're going to be
more interested in the non-live case (or at least equally interested).
We'll need to produce boot.iso.

Ofcourse. Can we identify which non gui related Anaconda testing require a human interaction and try focusing on automating the rest
( if we dont more or less cover that already ?

I think you're confused.  Nobody that I can see is suggesting we stop
producing or produce less test day live images.

Yes I apologize I somehow had gotten it through my thick skull that we were going to stop producing nightly-composes.

JBG