Re: Installing Rawhide

Jesse Keating said the following on 11/29/2009 10:52 PM Pacific Time:
On Sun, 2009-11-29 at 15:30 -0800, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
Is it time for the images directory to reappear?
In the past many problems with updated rawhides
have been solved by doing a fresh install from
boot.iso or pxeboot.

From now on, Rawhide will not have install images.  Rawhide is a never
stopping never freezing repository of packages.  To get to rawhide
you'll need to start with say F12 and either point to the rawhide repo
during install, or yum update to it post install.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/No_Frozen_Rawhide_Proposal

The part about not making install images all the time is listed as a "discussion point", part of the official proposal: 'Do we always make install images for rawhide, or only make images for pending release tree?'

Big picture it seems like we've suddenly taken away access to a huge amount of potential nightly and periodic installer testing. Is this addressed somewhere in the proposal that I missed?

Are there particular reason for not creating the images any more that might help everyone understand more why this is a good idea?

Can you add something to the proposal explaining when, how often, and where install images will be created?

Thanks,
John