Re: Upgrade yesterday killed my installation

Michal Jaegermann wrote:
On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 01:38:33PM +0300, shmuel siegel wrote:
I get segment errors from init[1]. Gdb, on the generated core files says that the command was either /sbin/init --restart ...... or /sbin/init --rescue.

How you are getting to cores?  Does that mean that you can boot?
If yes then replace /sbin/init by a working version.

properly downgrading upstart (the provider of init) is a pain because of the change in audit. So I did an rpm forced downgrade and ignored the audit problems. I can now boot into x. What is the next step