Re: Behavioral change in hostname

Tom Horsley wrote:
On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 08:31:09 -0400
Robert Moskowitz wrote:

What can be done to get 'hostname' to always figure out to return the FQDN if one exists?

I always thought it returned whatever was set as HOSTNAME=
in the /etc/sysconfig/network file.
Well I did some more testing.

with the -f, it is reading /etc/hosts. Without it, you are correct, so we are simply dropping the -f parameter.

Still this seems to be a installation change somewhere along the FC evolution....