Re: Dependency checking running for over an hour in -- anyone?

On 08/18/2009 11:21 AM, Seth Vidal wrote:

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009, Jesse Keating wrote:

On Mon, 2009-08-17 at 21:05 -0400, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
On 08/17/2009 08:29 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
On Mon, 2009-08-17 at 19:55 -0400, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
Where should I start looking in my non-virtual environment? Would the
fact that I have multiple installations on the non-virtual test system
have anything to do with this?

It shouldn't. How much CPU/Ram involved?

4G ram, 2.66GHz quad core

Well that seems sufficient. Does this machine show any other signs of
problems once installed? Do large rpm transactions take a long time to
process? (try yum install @kde-desktop @gnome-development etc...)

What ver of python-urlgrabber is in use here? This could be using the
one (which is NOT in alpha) that has the timeout problem where it keeps
resetting the connection and switching mirrors. If the depsolve is
downloading filelists - it could be hitting the timeout for each and
every mirror, if there is a mirrorlist involved.

This is a completely wild-ass guess, though.

-sv

Does the attached screenshot indicate anything? It is from tty 3 or 4 during the period of dep solving.