Re: Rawhide breaks Nvidia again

On 08/11/2009 04:47 AM, fedora-test-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Message: 9 Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 01:05:06 -0700 From: Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: Rawhide breaks Nvidia again To: For testers of Fedora Core development releases <fedora-test-list@xxxxxxxxxx> Message-ID: <1249977906.3961.0.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Content-Type: text/plain On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 00:36 -0700, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
>  Last week I was able to get the swell Nvidia driver to work with Rawhide,
>  but Monday's Rawhide breaks it again with an undefined symbol.  Apparently
>  this symbol has gone missing now and then for years now even in BSD.
> > dlopen: /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.so: undefined symbol:
>  resVgaShared
> > Is it a Microsoft plot to keep Linux from enjoying high performance graphics
>  in (relative) peace and quiet?

Could you_please_  stop asking about this? We've explained, multiple
times, that we are not particularly interested in the proprietary driver
and it's not on-topic for this list. Why do you keep asking about it?

-- Adam Williamson Fedora QA Community Monkey IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org http://www.happyassassin.net
Has the  "see Figure.1" ethos jumped from VMS to Linux?
Why maintain Flightgear and other 3d programs if there
is no way to run them properly?  Do the Fedora developers
work in such a noisy environment that they don't notice the
roar of the unregulated GPU fan?