Re: Updated Schedule for F12

Bill Nottingham said the following on 07/09/2009 05:51 PM Pacific Time:
> John Poelstra (poelstra@xxxxxxxxxx) said:
>> Based on the feedback from the Release Engineering Meeting on Monday I
>> have made the following tweaks to the schedule:
>>
>> o Added earlier blocker review days (f13)
>> o Changed usage of "Release Candidate"  (f13)
>
> I don't think this is right. You've now moved the RC compose a week
> later from where it was before.
>
> Bill

I haven't moved anything, I just changed the names.

Please tell me what the correct "compose RC date" is. Thinking about it a little more I'm still not clear on our methodology. We need a few specific dates that fit to get the time frame correct:

1) Date blocker list must be clear or slip the release
2) Date build RC (same day or day after #1)
3) <input from QA on how many days to test the RC w/ allowance for finding problems in RC>

Note that #3 must be done by Thursday 2009-10-29 to start staging the content to the mirrors for GA on 2009-11-03.

We also need to decide now what our contingency plan and schedule consequences will be if the blocker list is not clear for #1.

When is the meeting between Releng and QA to review the schedule? I'd like to be there.

Thanks,
John