Rawhide seems hosed today

I've encountered a ton of problems today, including...
  • Firefox intermittently hanging when attempting to connect to some Web sites; wireshark shows SYN packet being sent but no ACK received in response.  This one may actually be a problem with my network connection, so I mention it first to get it out of the day, but the others are all pretty clearly Rawhide issues...
  • Can't start X with openchrome driver.  X server starts up, gets to this point in the log, and then abruptly stops:
(II) Module openchrome: vendor="http://openchrome.org/"
    compiled for 1.6.1.901, module version = 0.2.903
    Module class: X.Org Video Driver
    ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 5.0

I can't even find a coredump.  VESA driver works, sort of (see below).
  • In thunderbird, when I click and drag a message to file it in a folder and drag my mouse cursor over my folder list, the folder that gets highlighted is eight folders above the one my mouse is actually over.  When I let go of the mouse button, the message gets dropped into the highlighted folder, not the one my mouse is over.  I don't think this is a thunderbird bug because thunderbird was last updated May 19.  I think it's an X server bug, since xorg-x11-server-Xorg and xorg-x11-server-common were updated recently.
  • Beagle search icon in panel has a black background (I have beagle-0.3.9-9.fc11.i586 from koji, since Rawhide packages of updated beagle haven't been built, which is a different problem).
  • Weather applet wouldn't start up. "The panel encountered a problem while loading "OAFIID:GNOME_GWeatherApplet"."  Then when I logged out and logged back in again, it started fine.
  • The panel icons for gnome-volume-control-applet and system-config-printer applet are still broken.
  • Whenever I start any X application, when the window is first mapped onto the screen a small white square flashes in the upper left corner of where the window is going, before it is resized to the correct size and drawn properly.  This is clearly not a fatal problem, but it seems like new behavior and is quite annoying.
  • Firefox has crashed on me several times tonight when I tried to delete a draft page on my WordPress blog.
  • Issues with sound remain, as others have noted.
  • Gimp hangs on startup and is therefore completely unusable.
  • Something continues to suck CPU and keep my load average pegged at around 2 even when I'm not doing anything.  It doesn't appear to be a single process hogging CPU, but rather a number of processes using CPU for no discernable reason.  For example, gnome-session is stuck at around 6% CPU utilization.  What could gnome-session possibly be doing aside from waiting for me to log out?
Numerous other serious bugs I've filed recently remain unresolved, including, but not limited to: 505971 (shutdown, reboot gone from GNOME panel menu); 505670 (double free in /usr/lib/sa/sadc; I provided a patch earlier today which hopefully will be picked up soon by the maintainer); 504300 (click on inkscape - X server crashes); 489492 (beagle-thunderbird doesn't work with thunderbird 3).

Ugh!

  jik