Re: In Blighty

Adam Williamson wrote:
I have once celebrated St. George's Day. On a boat, on a river, with a
large quantity of beer involved. I have a picture of the son of a rather
famous author, in said boat, after consuming a significant proportion of
said beer, waving the flag of St. George and looking mighty heroic. And
the boat didn't even capsize. Ah, that one was fun.

Inquiring minds want to know, etc etc :o)

... how long ago? How famous? Is or was the author an alumnus of the same institution?