Re: Shouldn't the fact that beagle doesn't work with both firefox and thunderbird be a release blocker?

I think search is, nowadays, critical functionality, not only because it is widely used, but because it is built into those other two big operating systems Linux is competing with.

I think putting out a release in which search is non-functional for the two most important types of data (email and Web pages), when search was functional for those two types of data in the previous release, would be extremely unwise and a big black eye for Fedora.

While I understand the need to have relatively sane criteria for what constitutes a release blocker, it is also, as the ReleaseCriteria page points out, essentially a subjective judgment, and in this case I think that looking at the forest, rather than the trees, would lead to the conclusion that F11 shouldn't ship with these two bugs unfixed.

Especially since they will probably be quite easy to fix once a developer actually pays attention to them.

  jik