Re: F11 updates vs. rawhide

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
On 05/11/2009 05:28 AM, Bill Davidsen wrote:

That makes perfect sense, what could be better than to release a bunch
of packages for which there are known bug fixes, then everyone can
install the release and spend the effort and bandwidth to upgrade to
install the bug fixes later, one machine at a time instead of from the
install DVD.

You should read

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/FinalFreezePolicy

If it is just bug fixes and has a low risk of destabilization, then the
package maintainers are free to file a freeze exception and rel-eng can
tag it to go into Fedora 11 directly instead of into the updates
repository.

That sounds like what I meant in the paragraph you snipped, bug fixes get in, upgrades don't.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>