Re: dependency resolving issues

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009, Kevin Kofler wrote:

Seth Vidal wrote:
unless the checker had similar behavior as chain-build does.

Good luck chainbuilding an upgrade of something like OpenLDAP.

That's sort of the point isn't it?

Think of it like this:

I go to build openldap. After my build koji runs a test tells me that this will break rawhide and cannot be checked in. It returns to me a list of all pkgs that depend on openldap and it is now my job as the maintainer to notify all these people that they need to rebuild their packages and/or I perform a rebuild for them and point them at the alternative scratch build that has been started for me for the openldap migration.

Once all those pkgs and their deps are built then those items can be tagged into rawhide.

I know there is a lot of things there which don't exist, yet, but what do folks think about this goal?

-sv