Re: Anaconda failure on i686 - lvcreate fails for swap

Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
On 03/27/2009 08:56 PM, G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:
These are rough times for anaconda, first one failure, then another and
another -- it's driving me bonkers.

The latest failure is anaconda failing silently (no traceback) on an LV
create of the swap filesystem in a "pure vanilla" install.

No traceback means no bug report to make.

FWIW, I noticed that anaconda appeared to be hung without traceback, but it took off 40-45 minutes later and installed. I had been assuming it was broken and killing the install, but it is doing something, then going on. The developers are aware.

In my case, it crashed and vt01 was ready to reboot. Examination of the alternate windows showed nothing to give a clue of what went wrong.