Re: When will Fedora work again?

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
"LS" == Leon Stringer <leon.stringer@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

LS> I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that an @fedoraproject.org address
LS> was an indication of at least some authority.

Essentially every contributor gets one; it doesn't mean anything
specific.  You can check the account system if you want and see what
groups any account belongs to, if you like.  I don't use my Fedora
address, but I do have one, and if you'd check it you'd see things
like provenpackager and some admin stuff which should indicate that
I'm a trusted and active member of the community.  Even with that, I
wouldn't trust myself if I tried to speak from some position of
authority.

I see.

LS> Thanks. Generally I've had a good experience with these systems
LS> (as long as I apply the latest firmware)...

I'm pretty sure Intel stopped updating the firmware years ago.  But,
yes, they do keep running so I can't really complain.  It's just that
i810-level hardware (like the i845 graphics on these boards) is rather
poor and most development time these days is spent on much newer kit.

Oh sure, but the shipped firmware was often buggy (or buggier!). And I appreciate that the older, less glamorous hardware is going to get less attention, I just felt that 3 distributions in a row where Fedora didn't work with a default install was a bit much.