Re: 'Joining in' wiki page draft

Adam Williamson wrote:

Let me put it less high-mindedly, then. I am aiming to do a bit of
constructive lying. ;)

I avoid lying as I have yet to really find it constructive.

I don't think you really need RHCT / RHCE skills to get Rawhide running,
but yeah, it's probably a bit of a slog.

reasonable familiarity with Linux and the distro in question,
> a *spare* system of some kind, and
> the flexibility to accept that some stuff will break sometimes.

That's your RCHT level skill set:

***

(b) RHCT certification indicates that the person has passed a realistic performance-based lab exam that tests his/her ability to: install and configure Red Hat Linux; understand limitations of hardware; configure basic networking and file systems for a single system attached to a network; configure the X Window System; perform essential Red Hat Linux system administration; configure basic host security, set up client-side networking services required to attach to a production network, and carry out basic diagnostics and troubleshooting.

The readiness objective of RHCT is to assure a minimum level of systems administration skills so that a person is "ready from a technical point of view for professional responsibilities in installing, configuring, attaching, and supporting Red Hat Linux systems on an existing production network."

***

Taken from: http://www.redhat.com/certification/compare/

Leam