Re: Introduction: new community guy, and some discussion

Anne Wilson wrote:
On Thursday 05 February 2009 03:01:27 Adam Williamson wrote:
Hi! I am Adam Williamson. I am working for Red Hat as of this Monday.

Hi Adam. Good to talk to you again. One thing I'd like you to think about, though I have no idea what can be done about it. It's well-known that distros tweak KDE to make things work more to their liking. It's equally well-known that the practice can cause some friction :-) and users asking KDE people about problems are quite likely to be told that there is no help because it is down to some action of Fedora.

Fedora rarely patches KDE other than a few minor backports and some tweaking of defaults but this sort of criticism goes both ways. While other distributions patched KDE 4 heavily to make it parallel installable with KDE 3, Fedora did not and received quite a bit of flake for that. What would be the upstream standpoint on this?

Rahul