Re: Rawhide: gnome-volume-control

Chuck Anderson wrote:
On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 01:44:07AM +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
Antonio M wrote:
Why has gnome-volume-control changed so much??
Because it's now a PulseAudio mixer, no longer an ALSA mixer. You have to
use the command-line alsamixer or the KDE kmix if you need an ALSA mixer.
(There may be others.) The GNOME developers say you should not need one.

My laptop boots up with the HDA PCM channel set to 50%. The only way to change this is:

alsamixer -c0

Should I file a bug against kernel to have the default PCM volume changed to 100%?

Does that blast your ear? If not, go ahead.

Rahul