Re: Rawhide: USB disks if NTFS are not mounted

Antonio M wrote:
2009/1/30 "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg@xxxxx>:
Antonio M wrote:
If I connect a NTFS USB disk to my rawhide it is not mounted (saying
that filesystem is not recognized) while same disk conencted to F10 is
fine.

What is the component to file a bug against??

First I would start checking if the necessary packages are installed.
You can do so by running rpm -qa  | grep ntfs )
(There should be some  ntfs-3g-* ntfsprogs-* packages )

Secondly you need start being less vague and a bit more specific in your
reporting to this list.

Tell ust more on how your are doing things as in which commands or which
application your using
when things are not working as they are supposed to.

What application log or a run command gave the error msg "filesystem is not
recognized" and is that the exact error msg?

JBG

I connect my USB cable to my box and get a window stating:
Still to vague which DE are you using Gnome? KDE? XFCE? LXDE?
Impossible to mount volume
Impossible to mount "Philips_External_Hard_Disk"
alternati filesystem not available..

What happens when you try to mount the ntfs usb drive from the command line
( mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sd* /media/[folder] *)*

Does that work?

Then I get a message:

DBus error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a
reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a
reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply
timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

rpm -qa  | grep ntfs
ntfs-3g-1.5222-0.2.RC.fc11.i386
ntfsprogs-2.0.0-9.fc10.i386

Install all available package encase they have split it and try again
( yum -y install ntfs-3g-* ntfsprogs-* )
I cannot supply any further info, I still think that something is
broken (another cyclic bug)
Not unlikely this is rawhide after all..

JBG
begin:vcard
fn:Johann B. Gudmundsson
n:Gudmundsson;Johann B.
org:Reiknistofnun - University of Iceland;IT Management
adr:Taeknigardi;;Dunhagi 5;Reykjavik;;107;Iceland
email;internet:johannbg@xxxxx
title:Unix System Engineer RHCE,CCSA
tel;work:+3545254267
tel;fax:+3545528801