syslog broken in F10?

Hi,
It seems that the syslog daemon overwrites the current /var/log/messages after a reboot rather than appending to it. My machine just froze (either an iscsi or ocfs2 issue) so after the reboot I tried to find some info in the syslog but that only contains the entries since the reboot. The previous logfile only contains entries between the 2nd and 9th of November.

Anyone else seeing this strange logging behaviour?

Regards,
  Dennis