Re: java redisplay problem on intel driver

Richard Körber wrote:
Hi!

There is a bad redisplay problem for large (greater than around 1000
lines) text windows using a TextArea (or a Swing JTextPane).
I have the feeling it is specific to the Intel driver.

Yes, it's broken the same way here, too, both the AWT and Swing part. It looks like the ListCellRenderer does not clean up itself properly before drawing a new line.

I thought ListCellRenderer was only used for JList - at least I wouldn't
expect it to be used for the AWT TextArea.

I have also tested it with a self-made Java software which I know was working before. It also shows this issue when scrolling a large JTable, horizontally and vertically. Everything's fine when the GTK+ Look and Feel is used, though.

Interesting.  For me GTKLookAndFeel, MetalLookAndFeel, and
MotifLookAndFeel are all broken, but NimbusLookAndFeel is OK.

But that's at least a work-around so I can use NetBeans without
cursing - once I figure out how to have NetBeans use a non-default
look-and-feel.
--
	--Per Bothner