Re: Yum and Yumex

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Chris Adams wrote:

Once upon a time, Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> said:
My expectation was that -y was just OK'ing a list of updates, not bypassing
security checks.

Well, the documentation says -y means "assume that the answer to any
question which would be asked is yes", so I don't see why you'd think
otherwise (since yum only asks yes/no questions).

I like Alan's suggestions. I would happily see code added to the protect-packages plugin which asks you random math questions to make sure you're paying attention.

:)

-sv