Re: Yum and Yumex

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
"SV" == Seth Vidal <skvidal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

SV> If by 'revert' you mean 'remove all the crap you installed' sure,
SV> that's very doable and I can start working on it pronto.

Yes, that's what I'm speaking of; hence my comment that it could
probably be done in bash.  I don't doubt that full system
checkpoint/restore would be useful to some, but it's a bit beyond the
scope of some simple yum hacks.

Whenever I've had to get rid of extra installed packages I've just
checked yum.log, but something more automatic might be useful to some.

I tend to concur, but I also think that you can't keep people from doing
stupid things, e.g. "# rm -rf /".

"Once you make something idiot-proof, nature creates better idiots."
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer                      ricks@xxxxxxxx -
-   "Do you suffer from long-term memory loss?"  "I don't remember"  -
-                            -- Chumbawumba, "Amnesia" (TubThumping) -