nis + dnslookup => glibc crash

I haven't dug very deep but I am getting crashes in all applications that do dns lookups while ypbind is running. The backtraces point the crash somewhere in glibc.
This happens when hosts in nsswitch is set to look at nis before looking up dns
"hosts:      files nis dns".

If I reorder the line to look up dns before nis them it works fine as nis is never accessed. Also shutting down ypbind also makes the crashes stop.

I can get more info tomorrow morning (GMT). (Unfortunately I can't log into that machine from home now as I screwed something up)