Re: No sound on youtube (Solved)

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008, Scott Robbins wrote:

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 12:10:57AM -0500, Tom Diehl wrote:

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 05:50:54PM -0500, Tom Diehl wrote:

Well, I downloaded the libflashsupport package from Koji and
installed it and now my sound is working.

Ok, *this* time I know who I'm quoting.

So, it seems we have the following.

Mads and myself get it working without libflashsupport.
Tom needs libflashsupport.

Well for me it turns out that Ignacio was right. I did not have alsa-{lib,plugins-pulseaudio}.i386 installed. To confirm this was the problem,
I unininstalled libflashsupport restarted firefox and confirmed that the audio
was once again inop. I then did yum install alsa-{lib,plugins-pulseaudio}.i386
and restarted firefox. Audio was once again working.

So as far as I can tell, we do NOT need libflashsupport even on x86_64.

Ignacio, I am curious, how did you figure this out?

I don't think anyone had to manually run mozilla-config-plugins, right?

I tried that initially but it did not seem to make a difference. When I installed alsa-{lib,plugins-pulseaudio}.i386 I did NOT run it and things
are working.

Thanks to all that helped.

Regards,

--