Re: Anaconda video problems

Robert L Cochran wrote:
Hi Leon,

Are you using Fedora 10 Snap 3? I installed this on a laptop-based
system: the install was to an external USB hard drive which a Dell D420
laptop boots. I was not installing to the laptop's internal hard drive.
I have a 19" external Dell monitor connected to the laptop too, and I'm
using it as the primary monitor. Also, I did my install as an http
(URL-based) installation where I simply mounted the ISO image of the
installation DVD to a web directory on one of my other computers, burned
the boot.iso image to a CD, pointed Anaconda to the web directory and
let it install that way. It seems much less fussy than an NFS install,
and faster than installing with a physical DVD.

Thanks for your reply.

No, I wasn't aware of the later snapshots. I'll download it and give it a test.

Leon Stringer wrote:
Hi,

Just got round to downloading F10B so I'm a bit behind on the bug
activity.

When I got to the second screen of the Anaconda GUI the text corrupted
as I moved the mouse around.

I see there are some significant video problems in  Bug 464896 -
(nomodeset) Collective bug for all "Cannot start without nomodeset on
kernel command line".

I did start the installer with nomodeset but still get these problems.

I took a photo of the screen showing the list title and the list
elements are corrupted:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/leon.stringer/fedora/f10b-anaconda1.jpg

I also find that if I switch between page one and two of the wizard a
few times (i.e. clicking Next and Back) the GUI locks up completely
(although the mouse cursor still moves).

System is an Intel D845GERG2 board, I'm using the on-board video
controller.

Is this caused by KMS problems describe in #464896 (even though I've
used nomodeset)?

Thanks,

Leon...