Re: Installer pre-GUI phase erratic

Aioanei Rares wrote:

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 11:42 PM, Leon Stringer <leon.stringer@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:leon.stringer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi,

    I'm finding the pre-GUI phase of the F10B installer (on DVD) erratic.

    Sometimes it says "Local media detected" (or similar) and loads the GUI.

    Sometimes it prompts be (in text mode) for my language, my keyboard
    and location of the install files and loads the GUI.

    Sometimes it says "No install media found" (or similar) and I have
    to restart.

Regarding media detection, you can try booting some LiveCD's repeatedly to see if
it's not a hardware problem. If you are convinced it's not, file a bug.

Thanks, I'll try that.