Re: bugzilla search page times out while loading - unresponsivescript

I misunderstood the problem before. I played with bugzilla a lot yesterday and I definitely agree the problem you describe is rather annoying, to say the least, and something should definitely be done to fix it.

Chris

From: "Adam Pribyl" <pribyl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 9:36 AM
To: "For testers of Fedora Core development releases" <fedora-test-list@xxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: bugzilla search page times out while loading - unresponsivescript

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008, Christopher D. Stover wrote:

If I do a very broad search query, I get the following: "This list is too long for Red Hat Bugzilla's little mind; the Next/Prev/First/Last buttons won't appear on individual bugs." Albeit not the best answer ever, but if you make more restrictive searches, it shouldn't take so long and you'll see less problems I think.

Chris

This has nothing to do with buzilla search itself, it is a known problem with javascript and the amount of options on the search page. Already discussed several time, bugged several times, but no improvement. The page gets unresponsive script message even on fast lines and fast CPU.. this is just a page bloat hitting everybody working with bugzilla.

Adam Pribyl