Re: XO: Not so good so far

On Oct 9, 2008, at 2:40 PM, David Nalley wrote:

So that's how it works for the famous and powerful. :)

Where? (grin)

Most of the time you have to request a devkey and wait 24 hours -
supposedly to prevent people from stealing a unit and being able to
run unsigned code on it.

That's what I thought. Now it took me about six hours to get the firmware upgraded and the new activities installed on the crappy Internet connection at the hotel, so maybe it thought I'd paid my dues.

I clicked on the link and it came up a few seconds later with "Your new development key is ready!". There was a "wget" line that I just pasted into terminal and it Just Worked(tm) when I inserted the USB stick. I stayed up until like 2am to make sure I got the process started and was surprised that I didn't have to wait.

Weird.

-T