Re: something is wrong with dhclient update

On Aug 29, 2008, at 3:10 AM, Scott Robbins wrote:

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 05:38:21AM -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:
Dear fellow testers,

Something is wrong with dhclient from yesterday's updates, hopefully some of todays update fixes it :)

                                                          [  OK  ]
Shutting down loopback interface: Error: an inet prefix is expected rather than "0/0".
Error: an inet prefix is expected rather than "0/0".
                                                          [  OK  ]
Bringing up loopback interface:                            [  OK  ]
Bringing up interface eth0:
Determining IP information for eth0...Nothing to flush.
/sbin/dhclient-script: line 186: [: '': integer expression expected
done.

I get similar error messages, however the client is working--I am able
to connect despite the messages.

The integer expression problem for line 186 is fixed in dhcp-4.0.0-23.fc10. Problem was metric was being set to "''" rather than an empty string. I'm not a big fan of shell.

I have not been able to reproduce the inet prefix problem mentioned, but I'm working on it.

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Red Hat / Honolulu, HI