Odd behavior for yum update with f10a x86_64

I upgrade my FC9 to f10a x86_64 on an AMD 3800+ based machine. I was up to date on rawhide as of Sunday. This morning I tried doing yum update kernel*. Test transaction consumed all memory and then failed. This happened twice. Thinking that maybe my problem came from the flash.i386 plugin (don't ask why I thought that) I ran yum remove glibc.i386. The yum update kernel* succeeded. The only other 32bit module that I knowingly had on my machine was wine. I hope that this gives someone some ideas. I don't think that I can easily reproduce the faulty environment.