Re: Network interface won't come up on reboot

Marcus Leech wrote:
Martin Coker wrote:

The only way I could get my eth0 to work at boot up was to configure it with static ip address netmask and route every attempt to get ip by dchp was failing. Network manager had to be disabled. Otherwise it was a manual config everytime. I wonder if it may have something to do with the services boot up order?

I have it statically configured with IP, netmask, route, etc. Still won't come up on boot. I think this could very-well
 be a show-stopper issue, with only 8 days left before the release.

You havent tried samba yet that is another problem I have in gnome or kde. I can get the eth0 up so internet ok but f9 is at present useless for me on the network as I have major problem with gvfs and samba. So perhaps it is a blessing in disguise