Re: Upgrade -> rawhide disaster

Neal Becker wrote:
I just tried a 2nd upgrade F8-> rawhide.

On reboot, it hung a long time on bringing up eth0, and failed.  This never
had a problem on F8.

06:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B
PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 01)

When it went to start X, all I got was an 'X'.  And an apparantly dead
machine.

I rebooted into mode 3.  Ran top.  Nothing showed a significant load
average.  Quit top.  Now, no response from keyboard.

Rebooted into mode 1.  Looked at /var/log/messages.  Millions(?) of lines
from named.  chkconfig named off.  Rebooted again.  Now, running OK, but
still no eth0.

No wired shown in NM.  Don't know why.

I am not certain but from memory I believe NM does not work with static ip addresses. If you have set up the ip manually at install this may be the problem. I would disable NM if this is the case. I had similar problems but once NM was disabled and i had configured eth0 manually everything went fine. Might be worth a try.