Re: Loading this link makes Firefox very slow and unresponsive

Andrew Farris wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Rodd Clarkson wrote:
Anyone else have problems with this link?

WARNING: it makes my copy of Firefox (f9-preview) very slow and
unresponsive)

http://art.gnome.org/download/backgrounds/abstract/3643/ABSTRACT-Fretstak_scalable.svg

If you do, then I'll file a bug (where?)

Confirmed. http://bugzilla.mozilla.org or http://bugzilla.redhat.com against Firefox.

Yes I see it too. It looks like I'm only seeing part of the image though, once I download it to desktop and open with an image viewer and compare that to what is showing up in the firefox window. FF may be having a tough time trying to auto-scale the image down to window size from its 1680 pixel width.

Also, the whole firefox application is not becoming unresponsive for me.. only the window or tab which is trying to display this image is unresponsive. I can still browse just fine in other windows or tabs, and I can switch back and forth from this one which is showing nothing.

As soon as I try to close it, then the image is displayed very quickly as the window closes (I just get a glimpse of it).

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul@xxxxxxxxx> www.lordmorgul.net
 gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29