Re: Problem running OOo downloaded from openoffice.org

Andrew Farris wrote:
Joe Smith wrote:
On the theory that the libstdc++ shipping with OOo is not compatible with libbreakpad, I tried fiddling with LD_LOAD_LIBRARY in the OOo startup script, but without success.

I'm not sure what the exact problem is but a big 'gotcha' is the switch to gcc 4.3 in rawhide which I'm pretty sure ooo upstream is not compiled with, and it could definitely effect your bug.

Excellent point; I forgot about the compiler change. That would explain it.

Is there any way to disable bug-buddy for a particular app? It really doesn't make much sense to use bug-buddy for a third-party app anyway, right? It's not likely to have proper debug info, and the report doesn't need to go to Fedora.

Would it not make the most sense if OO.org could just configure their package to not use bug-buddy?

<Joe