Re: Problem running OOo downloaded from openoffice.org

Joe Smith wrote:
Andrew Farris wrote:
Joe Smith wrote:
Installing the OO.org 2.4 packages on F9 beta

While I've already gotten interested in this (lol) why are you installing this anyway? You are aware that what is in f9 is a release candidate of 2.4 from mar 16 and will probably get bumped to full 2.4 within a week or so after the release freeze right?

I try to do some support on the OOo forums, so it's very important to have the OO.org build installed for testing.

Ordinarily, when one has a problem with software acquired directly from a third party, it's best to go to that third party for help getting it going.

In this case, it's not reasonable to expect a lot of expertise here, on installing and using OOo acquired directly from OpenOffice.Org.

Fedora's OOo builds are generally very very solid, but they are different from the OO.org builds at certain points. The OO.org build is a reference point for the 'standard' behavior across different distributions.

I like to have both, as the Fedora builds usually have better integration (e.g. with gstreamer, although this seems borked ATM), so it's often useful to compare the two builds.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait