Re: Tonight's rawhide REALLY wants to boot into level 5

Scott Robbins wrote:
On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 08:52:34AM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
Excellent, Thank you.  I haven't been keeping up with the documentation
as much as someone running rawhide should do.
Wouldn't have helped in this case; it's not been documented.

I'll follow up on fedora-devel; this may change slightly before
release.

What about a small patch for /etc/inittab? Something appearing right
above or below the default init line saying, NOTE, THIS NO LONGER
DETERMINES RUNLEVEL, blah blah.  As this comes into beta, I think
there's going to be frequent questions.

Good one:-) Mine's been changed, I added a few more mingetty lines, added --noclear to one. And changed the default runlevel.

Replacing inittab isn't, i think, a good idea.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait