Re: FlightGear on Rawhide

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
Intel DG33BU motherboard with Intel Graphics 1920x1200

With desktop effects enabled, Flightgear appears on a vacant
part of the screen, not at 0,0.  But there is no title bar.

Turning off desktop effects allowed GlightGear to run
with title bar.  However, maximizing FlightGear results
in a painfully refresh rate.

FlightGear on FC8 with the 9600GT and Nvidia beta
driver gives a good experience maximized with desktop
effects enabled.
I would say the Intel driver and/or the integrated graphics
just don't have the performance to run FlightGear at
1920x1024.  Hence the desire for  more performance.

Yeah I definitely wouldn't expect it to run well at that resolution. Doesn't that game have a fullscreen mode with an adjustable resolution you can set in the config? With an integrated graphics chipset I would try 1024x768 and then adjust the quality settings down as well. You're just not going to get performance with a shared memory integrated chipset that you'd get from something slower but dedicated.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul@xxxxxxxxx> www.lordmorgul.net