Re: GDM works again, for me anyway. Is SELinux busted?

Daniel J Walsh wrote:

Jim Cornette wrote:
Short but welcome news, gdm now successfully loads for those where it
would restart after user screen displayed for a very brief period.

SELinux - unique problem or universal problem.

I tried to boot after applying the latest updates and ended up in a loop
with initd or something similar spewing out repeatedly on the screen.
This happened no matter which runlevel was tried, (1,3,5) Is SELinux
busted for others or just something unique to my system?

Jim
No upstart/rhgb busted the system, and SELinux had to add rules to allow
the change.

It is all about perspective.  :^)

It should be fixed now.

It is interesting that I saw init spew happen once, but assumed it was a bad mkinitrd during installation of that kernel (I had just done it). I reinstalled the kernel and rebooted and it did not happen again. On the second reboot, the machine autorelabeled, but I hadn't touched .autorelabel (so must have been a policy install that didn't get active yet?).

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul@xxxxxxxxx> www.lordmorgul.net