Re: F9alpha AMD-64 HP DC7700 SFF switch_root: no filesystems

cornel panceac wrote:
is your grub.conf ok?
I was going to say, "of course," but then I remembered that there's a stanza that shouldn't be there.

No, it's not a problem with the grub configuration. I can load the kernel and its matching initrd, and the parameters look fine.

At present I think Andrew's pointed to the correct problem. Now my challenge is to implement it.

What I need is an F9a rescue CD, or failing that a reasonable approximation.

The current status is this.

I've downloaded the kernel Andrew pointed out and unpacked it with rpm2cpio and cpio.

I've created a tarball on a USB disk, and then unpacked it into the broken system.

I can boot the kernel, but as it doesn't have built-in drivers for my SATA hardware, it very quickly dies.

I'm back to wondering how to get an initrd into the box. I cannot create on on that system. Possibly I can copy one from it and patch it on another system. That might be worth a try.

Meanwhile, more suggestions are welcome.