Re: Beware of kernel 2.6.25-0.40.rc1.git2.fc9

Andrew Farris wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Jim Cornette wrote:

Also, I did not change anything in the yum.conf for kernel versions installed. Is the total kernels installed set to the running kernel plus two previous versions intentionally?

Correct.

Rahul

You can change this by editing /etc/yum.conf and changing the installonly_limit to any value you prefer. I find it is quite useful for rawhide to keep at least 5 prior kernels, but you do need to have a larger /boot partition if you keep alot more of them.

A working kernel, the currently used kernel and the kernel pulled i during updates are good levels for my backup needs. I just wanted the fc8 kernel for wireless, the current running kernel and the one being pulled down in updates. I removed the bombed 2.6.24 kernels before updating so the working 2.6.23 fc8 kernel would not be removed while I was running the
kernel-2.6.25-0.35.rc1.fc9.i686 kernel when applying updates.
I like the new default of three.

Jim

--
You will be aided greatly by a person whom you thought to be unimportant.