Re: Policy or best practice on mentioning dependency issues

cornel panceac wrote:
hmm, what if instead of exiting, yum would ask: "do you wanna continue with
the broken deps packages excluded?" or similar?

This is on my wish list and my medium term todo list. Things are a bit more complicated than just "excluding the pkgs with problems" as these packages may not actually cause the problems and there might be other pkgs that need to be removed, too. So we need to modify the depsolver to fix the problems by removing previously included pkgs. For dist upgrades it might even be necessary to remove already installed pkgs. This all has to be done with care or you end up with a system with some of the essential pkgs (kernel, glibc, yum, Python, ...) missing or in an endless loop.

I would love to see that implemented for F9 but I can't make any promises.

Florian